Ideally suited to those that like strong sensory input. The Kaiko Wrist Spikey Fidget is very a popular fidget for those who need deep and focused pressure to assist with self regulation. See below for a guide re size selection.
It is made of a black powder coated carbon steel metal that is 'woven' to be stretchy and flexible.
It is an ideal fidget for those who
- Pick at their skin, fingernail and clothing.
- Especially for those who live with anxiety.
- We have had particularly good feedback from those who self-harm. Indeed, we have had customers who’ve bought the wrist spikey fidget from us and told us it has been the best tool to help them warding against tendency to self harm, as it provides 'ouch' without damaging the skin. Of course, the Spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help.
The Kaiko Spikey for wrist helps with self regulation, calming, focus, concentration, tactile awareness and as a substitution for unhealthy/unhelpful behaviours. We have also had a number of customers report it being helpful in reducing pain & disturbed sensation in arms and muscles. Please consult your treating clinician regarding specific use for your specific condition.
The Kaiko wrist spikey fidget is discreet and looks like a trendy piece of jewellery. It is quiet and keeps your hands busy allowing you to focus.
Kaiko Spikey for wrist comes in 3 sizes. Sizing Preference is not so much determined by size of wrist or age of person, although most prefer a snug fit so this can guide selection. The smallest gives the most sensory input.
Some ways to use the wrist spikey...
- Roll up & down the arm
- Rub between two palms
- Hold in one or two hands to fidget
- Wear on wrist & flick
- Place on wrist & twist around (similar to a 'Chinese burn') applying varying degrees of pressure dependent on preference. This technique has been particularly helpful for some in minimising self harm. It can provide the 'hurt' without the harm to the skin. Of course, the spikey fidget does not replace accessing professional help. It is a useful tool for the kitbag.
Please note if wearing the wrist spikey for any period of time that it is important to monitor the skin to ensure it it is not compromising circulation.
How do I select the right SIZE?
The sizing of the spikey is very personal. Many of those that have tried it and find it helpful end up getting all 3 sizes and use in different contexts/situations.
At first glance its easy to assume sizing selection is bested based on size of wrist or age of person using it. This is certainly one contributing factor, however over time its become clear that is isn't the only thing to consider.
The smaller the more sensory input it provides when rolled. If using it to roll then irrespective of wrist size the small is often the go to.
If twisting it around wrist the same amount on input can be achieved using any of the sizes as it is the pressure from the other hand that creates the degree of "ouch". The smaller one is great for strong input, but generally not comfortable to wear all day, more a use as required and then store away. Most who like to wear it all the time opt for the large or XL depending on wrist size. Most adult wrists need the XL for all day wearing.
If unsure, Jo from Kaiko Fidgets tends to recommend starting with the Large and go from there.
- Age 3+ (not suitable for under 3’s)
- Includes storage container
- Range of sizes
- Expandable metal material
Kaiko Fidget sensory tools can assist with...
- Supporting mental health & reducing anxiety
- Emotional regulation & sensory input
- Focus & concentration - great study or work tool
- Tactile awareness & desensitisation
- Hand function – improving fine motor, strength & circulation
- Managing stress
- Active listening - can increase focus & attention
- Reducing unhelpful habits - such as nail biting, smoking, tapping, hair twirling, pen clicking & leg bouncing etc.
Not suitable for children under three years old.